About Our Company
Building a company from the ground up creates a solid structure of strong quality standards. For 30 years T.A. Woods Company has provided consistent quality for our Building Partners. From our pre-construction services, to the building phase, and then maintenance, we stay focused on providing the best value. T.A. Woods Company leads our construction projects by managing all aspects including estimating, design development, strategic planning, critical path scheduling, procurement, and administration.
Maintaining our best in class status for over a quarter of a century incorporates working closely with our Building Partners. Listening and understanding needs is essential and provides the foundation of successful projects. Our determination, perseverance, and commitment to “on time and on budget” reinforce our rank as the contractor of choice for commercial, institutional, industrial, and military projects.
T.A. Woods Company began in 1991 as a family-owned small contractor working on commercial and industrial remediation sites. Through long days of hard work coupled with fortitude, we have created a company that is an integral part of North Carolina’s construction industry.
Originally we concentrated on mechanical and plumbing construction, but we realized our clients needed a more comprehensive Building Partner. In 2003 we incorporated an Electrical Division which helped create a “one stop shop” for major building systems – mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
We weren’t finished yet. Our team decided the next step would be to incorporate general construction into our commercial services. In 2012 we obtained our building license.
Listening to our clients’ needs and understanding the total construction process has created a strong Building Partnership with owners. This partnership continues to grow not only throughout southeastern North Carolina but on national and international projects.
- Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
- NC HUB, Woman Business Enterprise
Awards / Recognition
- American Legion North Carolina Employer of Veterans Award
- National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve -Patriotic Employer
- BB&T Lighthouse Beam Safety Award 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- NC Department of Labor Safety Achievement Silver 2007. 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019
- NC Department of Labor Safety Achievement Gold 2009, 2015, 2018
- Cadell-Yates 900 Safe Days
Sponsorship and Scholarships
- Cape Fear Community College Foundation
- T.A. Woods Merit Scholarship for Construction Careers
- WIOA OJT Partnership
T.A. Woods Company partners with our community through volunteering, sponsorships, and scholarships.
- Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity
- Camp Schreiber Foundation
- WPD Shop with a Cop
- Wilmington FOP Drug Awareness/Youth Programs
- Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard
- U.S. Boiler Company, Candace Roulo, March 7, 2019 “Women Trailblazers of the Mechanical Contracting Industries”; https://www.usboiler.net/women-trailblazers-of-the-mechanical-contracting-industry.html
- Star News, Cheryl Whitaker, April 16, 2019, ” Local Business planning Food Drive”; https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20190416/local-business-planning-food-drive